It is amazing here and one couple told us the first and second days would go slow, then you will cry about everything and Thursday and Friday will zoom by. Well, so far he is right!! We heard Brother Quentin Cook and his wife at fireside last night. They reserve seats on the first 6 rows for the senior missionaries. On Monday 62 missionaries arrived and there were already about 40 here because of extended classes--out of country, FHC, welfare, etc. It was soooooo AWESOME listening to all those missionaries singing!!! I can't tell you how inspiring it was!!!
Yesterday and today we got to teach an investigator; I think we passed the test!! I have the BEST companion ever and I admire the spirit he gives to the lessons. Tomorrow we get to teach an inactive member. I have to be the member for Dad and vice versa. Let's see, how does one act???
Wednesday is the day of new missionaries arriving and today was AWESOME!!!!550 missionaries arrived and there was luggage everywhere!! Red spots on their missionary badges showed the rest of us the newbies!! At one time there are 1500 to 2000 missionaries here at a time!! The old missionaries were watching the newbies, but were told to "move along" and one elder said Hey!! We want to see some real people. Like what are we???
Our instructors are AWESOME!! I am taking pictures and will eventually get them on the page for all to see.
In our group we have a couple going to Uruguay Montivideo and guess who is their mission pres?? Fred and Julie Ashby. Also Sherry Farnsworth Gurr's in-laws are here going on a mission, too!! Small world, huh??
We have met so many nice people (the sisters miss their families and friends as much as I do, so I do not feel too guilty)
Like when do I find time to do laundry?? It is a good thing that I brought lots--and about that!!, these sisters here are wearing every color and every style ever!!! And sandals and high heels,are they nuts???? The presiding senior just laughed and said she wished she had a pink suit to wear!!! Now why didn't I wear a red suit coat???
We will leave here on Saturday morning and are not to travel on Sunday, so will stop somewhere and find a church we can go to. We intend to sleep all day!! This getting up at 6:30 and out of the apt by 7:00 is getting to us. Poor Dad has the same bug now that I have had the past couple of days. Rocky mountain quickstep,and my air freshener is SOMEWHERE in the back of the truck. When the kids took things out to the car to be packed, Dad did not remember where what was!!!
I have a ton to talk about, but Dad wants to use this computer, too.
I love hearing from you--at least seeing 18 messages on the email list sure looks great!! And EXCITING!!
Do I miss everyone??????????????
We are in apartment after 6: 408-292-1514 hint hint!!!
Our mission address is:
Elder Philip Lindblom
Sister Janet Lindblom
Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission
2589 Wasington Rd Ste 410
Pittsburgh, PA 15241-2596
Well, we have a reading assignment so I had better get at it!!
-----
8 years ago

5 comments:
mom and Dad we are so proud of you. We love you and appreciate the example you are setting for others! We miss you tons... The Dillards
Thanks for calling Payton yesterday - it meant a lot! Love you and miss you!
Mom- I swear I'm so excited for you. How unreal being in the mtc & seeing all those things. & being surrounded by the spirit & hearing all those amazing talks. We miss you a ton & Sean & I pray for you every time we pray. Be safe.. we love you!
It sound like you guys are having a wonderful time. I envy the experiences you are having and the spiritual high it must be. We miss you here, but know you are doing wonderful things.
I'm glad to get an update from you mom! It sounds like you guys are having a great spiritual time and we're happy and excited for you! We love you!
Post a Comment