Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Okey, it has been a log time since I have had any period of time to spend on putting stuff on the blog, but since it is my Birthday and we have other things to do in the apartment, like getting a lesson ready for Institute tomorrow night, and getting our tax stuff together, I am going to put odds and ends in and try to tell you about what they are. First of all, Dad had to get his annual bloodwork done yesterday and so he was fasting, and like a good companion, I fasted with him. WEll,when we left the lab, we looked at each other and said, how about a burger from Burger king. So, I bought a kids meal and guess what my prize was?? You guessed what I got? Some pink panther glasses. So we modeled them for you!




And WEndi if you wondered how we spent your Doesn't Dad look cute??
Christmas money, this purple sweater is one of
the things we got













This is Elder Mendoza who replaced our Elder Evans . The above is Elder Mitchell, Elder Riley and Elder Segura, with Elder EVans the night before Evans left Erie for somewhere down south of Pittsburgh.




Below is the beautiful frosty windows on the car one frosty morning last week. They said it could not be photographed, but I think I did an amazing job!!









Above are some beautiful CAnadian geese on the trip we took to Fredonia, New York, where we inspected the elders apartment.


To the right is our chapel now that we are having some "spring-like" weather and the snow is melting






Yet, another amazing picture of the frost on thewindow!!
This is what the streams looked like as the snow melted--rushing along their way In some of the streams you could see chunks of ice as the frozen streams started to melt

Here is Dad at the apartment in Fredonia inspecting the microwave and other kitchen appliances
In New York and Erie area of Pa. you will see miles and miles of these arbors. Come harvest time the grapes are turned into jelly and grape juice and wine
As Dad calls these "naked trees" looks weird without some folliage on them

Can spring be far behind??
Alittle snow left

This is the Sunday School class Dad and I subbed for J. Wilkerson, Noah and Logan Reynolds
Molly Whaley and Emily Rose
Elder Evans with our inactive matt Knupp
Me, Dad, Elder Mitchell, Elder Evans, Elder Riley and Elder Segura
More of the grape vines we see in North EAst, Pa
This is Lake Chategua (sp) which is on the way to Jamestown, N.Y. Can you believe someone was actually driving on this frozen lake?
These houses were along the shore of the Lake
sign for Jamestown look at the snow levels
These were some of the icecicles on our chapel



For awhile we were looking for the biggest icecycles and I think these were in the lead!!

Do you think we had enough snow??? Well, drop us a line and tell us what you think of our winter in Erie!!!!!
Under all that snow and ice are two bicycles on the patio of one of the apartments in the building next to us
The biggest icecycle at the church




3 comments:

Nancie said...

Love the pink panther glasses! You are both too cute!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

that was a great post :) I LOVED the pink panther glasses ( especially on Dad cause he looks so sill :) ) & that sweater looks really good on you Mom!!! I'm glad there is a glimpse of spring around the corner for you... I know that all the snowy days haven't been the easiest for you! Love you & miss you!!!

Jo Dee said...

I am glad you got to celebrate your birthday with family in Big Run. I'm sure they made you feel special! Love and Miss ya