Monday, March 1, 2010

Our latest snowfall

This first picture is taken up at the church, the back parking lot where our ward bishop's office and entry is. I love to look at the snow on the trees
This is the road on the way to the church
This is at the intersection of 38th and Peach, I think. We had to take the long way to church so that we had better travelled roads. You can see at the side of the road just how much snow we have gotten in the past week As you can see, the road here has been salted and we breathe a sigh of relief when the roads have been this clear


As you can see, this road to the church has not been as well travelled, or the township clearing team has not yet gotten to it. But keeping in mind how fast the snow was coming down, the accumulation happened faster than the roads could be cleared in some areas.


I told you before, I love the pine trees covered with snow
You have seen our parking lot before, but I don't think it was this snowy You can see by the cars just how much snow came overnight

Now, I took these next couple, because, on the right, peeking out of the snow is a window. That is where the elders apartment is, so they have no view until this snow melts!!
This is thier entrance and as you can see, the snow is almost up to the handrail at the side of the walkway.
This is the front window before it was cleaned off
This is out the windshield, I wanted to get the pretty snow covered branches of the tree in front of our apartment building.
More of that same tree
Another picture of the windows of the elders apartment, which you can not see except for this little bit on the lower right hand side of the picture

2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

living in a winter wonderland :)

kellibattraw said...

At least it's pretty to look at, right? : )