Monday, February 9, 2009

WINTER POEM

It's winter in Pennsylvania
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Pennsylvania
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Pennsylvania
I'm frozen to the freakin' ground!

5 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I hope you guys are snuggling close and keeping warm! Warm thoughts are coming your way from AZ! Although it is rainy and chilly here today!

Michelle said...

That was too funny. Dang that Punxsutawney Phil1!! Does he ever predict an early spring?

Wendi said...

I guess that is definately how YUM.
Wendi

Nancie said...

I am reading your poem as I sit in my office listening to the wind howling outside. I am freezing here in AZ-- PA would kill me

texasbearlady said...

Janet I laughed so hard at the poem, of course you know I am into poetry. Nancy