Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A day in the life of Elder and Sister Lindblom

Well, just what happens in a day in our missionary life. Well, this morning early Elder Lindblom and I mixed up the bread dough before He had to go to the UHaul place and get a 12 foot trailer to haul furniture for the missionaries, who are moving into the same complex that we are living. He picked up the missionaries and then headed out to get the Uhaul. Then they had to pick up the "walkers" missionaries who were going to help them load all the furiture. What did Sister Lindblom do while they were doing this?? Well, you can see the results of my labors. The bread dough was divided into two bowls. One was for these yummy cinnamon rolls!!
The other was for these yummy rolls, yes, count them, 37 in all. This was just before I took them out of the oven.
Lastnight I made this yummy chili and put it into the refrigerator over night, so I could do something else besides bake and cook all morning. Here is the chili warming up. I was afraid there would not be enough, so I pulled one of my Mother's tricks and added an extra cup or two of water and a half cup of rice!! Yes, it tasted yummy and the elders liked it. I think there was one cup left over which Elder Lindblom will eat for lunch tomorrow, with about 5 left over rolls and 5-6 cinnamon rolls. We got this big kettle from the missionaries apartment. they were going to get rid of it, but ha ha ha, we brought home just for these purposes--quantity cooking!!
Here is Elder Mitchell carrying in something. I know because he is wearing one of the hats I made
I'm not sure just who is behind this box springs
This is the truck and uhaul Elder Lindblom rented for this occassion. It was tricky parking it because usually the cars are all gone from the parking lot about this time of day, but wouldn't you know that they were not gone today.
Here you can see all the cars parked just where they needed to unload the uhaul
I think this is Elder Evans taking in the mattresss! Well, it took about an hour and a half to load and another hour and a half to unload. About 12:00 Elder Dad called and said he was going to be taking the uhaul back and he would be back in about a half hour. So while he was gone the other three elders came over for lunch. I introduced them to peanut butter on their rolls with the chili. Some liked it, some not, but they were willing to try it!!
This is a piicture of Elder Dad and I in front of the cornerstone of our religion--the Book of Mormon that the AP's made for their part of the Zone conference.
The following pictures are part of the program--these elders have birthdays this month and we sang Happy Birthday to them On the left is Pres and Sister Summerhays and then Kotchel (he is from British Columbia, Canada (and so there were a lot of Canadian jokes being passed along all day) Then Elder Danielson who I met when I was at Big Run--he was in the same district and we met together for district conferences every week in Indiana. Then is DeYoung,one of the elders here for Christmas.
When we have a zone meeting, the sisters from Relief Society of the wards take care of our lunch. When they do this, we thank them by all standing and singing "Called to SErve" It is awesome to hear the elders and sisters all singing. Then we applaud them and thank them for doing this service for us.

This is Elder Udall from Arizona. He happens to be Chris Lindblom's wife, Sharon's nephew. Her sister is married to a UDall. So those of you who know them, he will be going home in June. At least we have one missionary here from good ole Arizona. He is a zone leader in the Jamestown/Erie zone.
Now this next picture is of Holly ad Tom King and their three boys. Some of you did not get a card from them for Christmas, so this is so you can all see how big the boys have gotten. I just wanted you to see them






















5 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Oh man am I glad I was no where near those cinnamon rolls. My stomach growled just looking at the picture.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

funny.. I was concocting my comment as I waited for the computer to load & was thinking... man I wish I was eating those rolls!!!!! I haven't been quite as faithful as JoDee since last week cause we were out of town last weekend, but I've lost 6lbs total as of this morning... & my stomach really is growling for those rolls mom!!! Man those elders are too lucky!!!!

Michelle said...

looks like you've been busy! Did I doubt? Those elders are getting spoiled rotten. I hope they fully appreciate both of you... and I hope they realize our sacrifice in sharing you with the rest of the world.

Keep up the good work. We are so proud of you!

Nancie said...

I'm sure the Elders are happy to have you around. Who wouldn't love all the great cooking and all of the love!

Connie said...

Keep up the great work......and cooking! We love and miss you guys! Thanks for keeping us posted.