Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring has finally come to Pennsylvania

Well, I am finally getting some pictures on the blog. It is amazing, that in just a week, because of nice 60-75 degree temperatures, the trees are blossoming, the budded trees now have beautiful green leaves and there are wild flowers galore. Most of the houses around us have purple violets in their yards as well as lots of dandilions! We have not identified all the trees of yet, but know it still doesn't compare with the smell of citrus in Arizona. Do we ever miss that!!

Oh, Yes, and look at the green grass. One week none, the next the people are out on their riding mowers cutting the stuff!! Aahh the smell of fresh cut grass!!



Noone seeems to be able to tell us what this tree is. Some say magnolia, but these blossom flowers are pink and big like tulips, but I don't think it is a tulip tree. No leaves to prove one way or another. Another guess, dogwood, but then too, not the right kind of flower. Any guesses/?They are beautiful, on the tree, but a big mess on the ground.
These white blossoms are beautiful!!
Am not sure what these pretty pink ones are either!!

These leaves are red!!

Remember the gazebo in the fall?? Well, this is our spring picture!!

Another shot of the gazebo in Wessleyville
More white trees



That's it for now. We have been to Kirtland three times and I take more photos each time. I want to put them all together one day, but not til we finish going. We have a trip with the Young single adults next Saturday and another trip with some less actives that same week. The statues are beautiful and everyone is amazed that this woman created them.
















3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Yeah for a new post! I was beginning to wonder what was going on there! The blossoms are so beautiful. You are finally getting weather to be jeleous of! We are headed for 100 this next week. Yuck!

Michelle said...

I am so glad you have climbed out from under that huge blanket of snow.

Looks like about 6 months of some great green weather .

I miss you and I am totally jealous that you are in Kirtland so much!!!

kellibattraw said...

I love actually having a spring and beautiful trees and flowers to admire! I'm going to have to say that unless there's more than one kind of magnolia tree, that is not one, based on the ones I've seen in the south. The pink ones do look more like dogwoods though. We miss the AZ citrus too, but definitely not the heat!