Thursday, May 7, 2009

We used to tell all about the "birth" day of each child when it was their birthday. Well, let me tell you a little about our 6th child--Kelli. It was one of those pregnancies that toward the end we were really paranoid. Keep in mind that once my water broke with Tammie (#5) that it was within 15 minutes she was born. So, waiting for this baby was driving us a little nuts. We had gone to the hospital 2 times and so, naturally, when I called the doctor the third time, his nurse asked, "Are you sure this time??" Well, yes, I said, my water broke and my husband is not here and so I will need to walk next door to see if someone there can take me. I had called Dad and he was on the way, but with past history I feared Kelli would be born at home with me all alone!! So,, I asked Mr. Kereluk if he could take me to the hospital. He said," of course, I was a taxi driver in Chicago and know how to get to the hospital fast". Well, just as we got to the end of the street, Dad pulls in, but we motioned him to follow us out to the hospital. I guess I was so worried about delivering in the neighbors car that my contractions stopped. Once in the hospital, however, they started me on pit and within a few hours there was Kelli, born in a rush of water that the doctor couldn't believe!! So, I hope that Kelli learns that lesson and gets to the hospital with this new little boy FAST!!!!!
Kelli has been a joy to the family and is an amazing woman!! Kelli, Dad and I are incredibly proud of you and all of your accomplishments. It looks like your birthday and Mothers Day will be really close again, sorry about that, but have a Happy Birthday and a great Mothers Day!! We will all be thinking about you!!

2 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I totally got tearing reading this Mom. It made me miss you and sitting around the table hearing the Birth story! I love you!

kellibattraw said...

Thanks mom- I'm sorry I didn't see this on my birthday. : )