July 18, 1969 Gramma Lindblom took me into the Southside Hospital once located on main street by what is now Pete's Fish and Chip. The doctor came in and checked me on his way to his office and I just waited until he returned about noon and broke my water. Gramma stayed with me, and I told her I needed to go to the bathroom, so I got up at 2:15 and just barely made it back to the bed, when the cleaning lady said, I think she needs a nurse. so the nurse came in and checked me and there was a hairy little head--at 2:48 p.m our little (6 pounds 3 ounces) dark haired, fair skinned, little girl was born!! Her daddy was in Vietnam and Gramma sent out a telegram via the red cross to let him know he was once more a daddy!! I wrote a letter that very day and it arrived before the Red Cross message, so that tells us something, right?? Thank goodness for Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Barry who were taking care of Wendi!! Michelle was such a perfect little baby--one who sleeps and eats when she is supposed to!! The first night home from the hospital, Gramma Lindblom stayed with us. Michelle got up once through the night to eat and then went right back to sleep. The next morning Gramma said "This is such a good baby, I won't be needed here" so it is a good thing Michelle behaved well!!! When she was about 2 weeks old Gramma Buterbaugh came out for a few days to help out. It was wonderfull having her visit and get to hold and take care of our little girls and to be with me!!
I am so grateful for the blessings of being a mother of 7 little girls!!! They each have been a blessing to me!! And that "boy", what can I say ??? He is very special to me!!

1 comment:
that's so sweet. : )
Post a Comment