Thursday, July 9, 2009

some fourth of July pics

Just wanted to post a few of the Fourth of July pictures we took up at the church festivities. Of course there were flags!! And a large group of people--they figured 110-120 and lots of food!!


This is Brother May of First Ward cooking some of the eggs, and of course Elder Lindblom had to have a little say so as to the cooking!! I really think he would have helped if they had asked!!
Notice the nice fourth flag shirt that he has--mine was just like it!!
/Guess you notice all of the white shirts--Elder Clawson and Elder Bernal
flag presentation done by our ward. The boys did a good job




More flags

some of the peole there. The woman in red and next to her man in white shirt are the Moores. They have wonderful voices!! They gave the Christmas program in 2008 and we are hoping we can hear their next program.

This is Bro and sis may. They came here from Arizona. He is on the Border Patrol and is a lot of fun!! I give my coupons to her and she does amazing things with them, too!!


A cool morning--time for the men to get busy setting up tables!! Did I say cool?? Well, it was downright cold and we must have been the only ones there without sweaters or coats on or blankets wrapped around us. From now on we should take blankets in the truck!!
One of the speakers--Adam Johnson who had been in Iraq--talked about our freedoms and read some of the Declaration to us

Now, this is not part of the fourth,, but I got a note on the blog that Marlene and Jay Omerza are going on a mission. If they have not given their papers to the bishop yet, maybe we can get them to put on them that they want to come to the PPM mission. It now covers most of the state and we really could use them here!!! President said he has been praying for couples to come serve here----PASS THE WORD Have them call us!!








5 comments:

Michelle said...

What would it be like to wear a sweater on the 4th of July??????

I keep hoping that the heat will melt some of my fat away. Hasn't worked yet, I'm not giving up.

Looks like a fun time.

Jo Dee said...

How fun to have it cool on the 4th! I have decided to never be in town on the 4th again. It was so nice being outside and enjoying the holiday.

Nancie said...

Looks like you had a festive time!

aniston said...

I miss having 4th of July with you guy!!
I miss you
<3 Aniston

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

ahhh... sweaters on the 4th... we did that last year up north. I just laughed at that picture of dad standing by watching someone else cooking... I bet it killed him :)