Sunday, January 31, 2010

31 Jan, '10

Okey, so I don't know if I will ever figure out how this thing uploads and yes, I have the pictures out of order, again, but here goes, anyhow. This week has not been too busy as it has been quite cold (about 10 or colder)and we stayed in as much as possible. Thursday night we were to have a blizzard, but it did not make it to Erie, so we still had Institute and it was a good turn out.It is -4 this morning but hopefully when we go to church in another hour or so, it will be warmed up a little more. I had the lesson to give this week and I think that it went over quite well. Now on to the next lesson--I have a week to prepare.
This is another of my lap afghans of many colors. I am just about out of yarn. I think one more will be my last and then I will be buying some more to have to use while traveling. so if you have any particular colors you want done, let me know and by the time we get home you will have your very own home made, crocheted lap afghan.

this is the ribbon we bought to put on the "tree"
Very festive, right?? These decorations will be good for a couple of weeks. I have my white lights I want to put on too, but am still thinking that one over. Any suggestions?? Saint Patricks decorations with white lights??
I found this little sucker all nicely decorated and want to keep the design for future use, so thus I am putting it on the blog. Abbie put these suckers on our package at Christmas and since I am eating this one, I wanted to have a memory of it.


This is the other one I finished. I really liked the colors in this one and am not sure who I will give it to. As you can see, the pattern is still the same, but the next one will not be like this. It certainly is a good pattern for warmth as it keeps my legs warm as I work on it.

The other night the elders came over and were looking at my camera and these next two pictures are the result of Elder Morales playing around, but I thought you might like to have something else to look at. On the table is a big box of food that we brought for the elders last weekend after the YSA activity up at Girls camp. On the right is a big bag of salad that we kept for ourselves as we can eat salad.

And here is Elder Morales, himself, taking picture.


1 comment:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

you & that tree!!!!! Ps. you can give me an blanket any time you want :) I'm ALWAYS cold!