Okey, so a number of people in the past few months since we have been here have given me yarn to make hats. Some of it was really not appropriate for the missionary hats, but some i used to make hats for other projects. Anyhow, since to make hats for missionaries here in our area, cold months are about over as far as transferring different missionaries to our areas, so with all this extra yarn, I have been working on this cute pattern for lap blankets.. So you will see four of the five I have so far finished. What am I going to do with them, I am not quite sure, but I am sure there are some people out there that can use them. Consider the fact that they are not all that terrific as far as color schemes go,my blankets of many colors will have interesting owners. So what do you think??
This first one with different greens in it doesn't look too bad!

However, this wone is a little wierd. As I said, it was just odds and ends and I tried to have some kind of matching colors

Just a blip in the crocheting. . . . .This is what it looked like from the outside this morning

Back to the red white and blue one I just finished. It looks good to me!!

One of the missionaries called this one "Baskin Robins ice cream colors!!

More pictures of our newest snow storm!!

Snow covered cars and snow drifts. Fortunately big red did not have a lot of snow on him. Guess we just parked him in the right spot this time!!

This is on the highway on Saturday morning We left our apartment and got on the interstate highway. About a third of the way there, we had a white out--could only see one car length ahead of us. So, we cautiously drove until we got to our turn off. The white in the background is snow pelting down on us.

And the windshields and car was also covered with ice under all that snow

Can you see the ice cicles??

We went out to Sister Hinklers house. She crocheted these darling angels with a little pocket in the back, so she can slide in a new picture of these children, grand children and great grandchildren to put on the tree

This is her version of the Christmas mouse. The cherry with stem is dipped in chocolate the head is a candy kiss the ears almond slices and the eyes just a dab of frosting. all placed on an oreo cookie!!

The missionaries; Elder Bakker and Elder Payne fooling around. See the mouse on his shoulder?

Checking out the tree!!

One of the many Nativity scenes Sister Hinckler has

Dad cleaning off "his side" of the car. We now are proud owners of two brushes so I get to clean the ice and snow from the passenger side of the car.

Here again at Sister Hinklers for dinner!!!

More pictures of our recent snow storm



These are the elf hats (chair covers) that Abbie gave us last Christmas. I love them

This is the new wall hanging we got this year

My dear friend Marlene sent this carry all and Santa (Michelle) left a crossword puzzle book in my stocking.

Another great gift, which I love, is this apron

The gang sent us this Soda machine and we are just getting it out today.

The elders got us this pan which has dividers for individual brownies and little stencils for the seasons. We are anxious to make them some to try it out.

I have been substituting these three little boys in CTR 5 in primary: Lucas, Jacob and James They are a hand full, but I survived the experience!!
5 comments:
Mom, you make me laugh. Your pictures get so random sometimes, & then you skip back & forth.. I love you :) That apron is super cute!! & you look super good in that pic! Have you lost weight?!
Oh my gosh. Jolie has been begging for that brownie pan. She cannot WAIT for you to come home and make brownies for her. Where on earth do you find time to crochet so much???
looks like you are staying busy--and oh my goodness what fantastic snow, I can say fantastic because I am here in AZ experiencing 70 degree weather.
I agree with Julia, you look like you habe lost weight! Maybe it is just because most pictures we see of you, you are in 50 layers of clothing!LOL!
I was thinking the same thing about the apron pic- you look great! The brownie pan looks like fun.. You can show us how well it works when you visit us. : )
Post a Comment