Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our cozy little home as of today Oct 22

This is the table and chairs that came from the mission home also note microwave on the counter, which also came from there
This is our awesome bed. You might note the old bedspread with the cats on came along with us as well as dad's blanket and mine. Do the jammies look familiar?? As you can see, we areusing the plastic packing boxes for our night stands. I put a skirt on Dads, but only to cover the boxes. The lamp was courtesy of Beth

Note recliner Dad is sitting on, that came from mission home as did the couch, which you can see we had to do some covering to make it sittable (is that a word?) I don't know how well you can see the end table with lamp on it, but that also came from PPMH


To the left is the other end table, a comfy chair and footstool. And yes, we have our Christmas tree up already decorated with red bows. Won't it look nice in the living room at home?? And the footstool beside it goes to the wingback chair in the corner of our bedroom. We just finished watching the BYU study session on the book of Isaiah. We watch two sessions a day--morning and night--and then we are reading the Book of Mormon. Sister Marlene Ashford sent our cds for the B.O.M. so we listen and read along as we eat breakfast in the morning.
This morning we went to get my lab work done for protime (spelling) to make sure that my coumadin is the right dosage. Then we went to North East, Pa where we went to several homes to visit. We got a call back for Monday, and we visited an active member family. Sis Reynolds home schools her kids--1 girl, 4 boys. The oldest boy is 15 and plays football. Bro Reynolds works nights but was up to visit with us. He was the second counselor in the bishopric until the new bishop was called. We talked about members in the area who are inactive and we are hoping to see more of them as time goes on.
Then we came home and ate dinner, then over to the elders who took us to another part member family who is inactive. I had met her at RS in Sept and she is very nice and lots of fun. She is married to a Puerto Rican--I asked if she knows how to make rice and beans so we kind of hinted to be invited to dinner. Hope that pans out!! Interesting family!!
Then another trip to Wallyworld where dad got a stand for his GPS navigator. we tried using a map and always got lost. This thing really does work!!!! Anyhow, we also needed a few other things since RS tomorrow night is potluck. It is to bring a dish of ones culture. I decided to make bread pudding--not cultural--but it will have to do.
Well, it is time for bed and I want to look at some of the other blogs before I shut down for the night. I hope this meets the requirements of "more journaling"



6 comments:

Jo Dee said...

this is perfect! I am so glad to hear what you guys are doing day to day. We are praying for you daily!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

yay! It definitely meets the more journaling requirements :) It's so fun to see your apartment & all that you've been talking about. You both seem like you are very happy... what else could life be like when you are serving the Lord? Love you alot !!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update. I love hearing about your missionary days. You guys are awesome!

Nancie said...

Looks like things are going well! Always love to hear from you and to know that things are progressing.

kellibattraw said...

I'm glad you posted pictures so we can see how our parents are living. Keep the journaling coming...

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

I love the Christmas Tree in the front room. I am so happy for you both and know what awesome missionaries you are. You have blessed my life so much. Your testimony and love for others is such a great example for me. I love you both and we are praying for you.
Marie