Wednesday, October 29, 2008

what happens in Erie stays in Erie

This is what we woke up to this morning that white stuffYup! Little white pebbles resembling hail stones. The is the balcony outside our family room
Las evening we got a call from my brother Bryan who asked if we had any snow here yet. He said they were to get some and wondered about us. Well, I had not seen the forcast for any, but when we woke this morning, this is what we found. Apparently other places got 10 inches plus. I am sure we will see more!!

Thought Tammie, Julia and I can compare our bruises!! This was from my little trip to the hospital this weekend. I had been having such terrible abdominal pain and thought I could not take it any longer. They found out that I have diverticulitis--surprise--and there were swollen inflamed areas and if let go could be serious, so they popped me into the hospital. I was very impressed with this hospital. They have a guy at the door who parks the car--the first day Elder Dad had to pay here, but after that the guy said "You are clergy, so you don't need to pay" Bonus!!! Anyhow, they showed me inside, I signed some papers, they took me into a room about ten minutes later. A doctor saw me, then I went for a cat scan and I kissed Elder Dad goodbye, was taken to a room, and they kept me until Tuesday evening. All in about 3-1/2 hours. Where else does that happen?? And I NEVER had to waid more than a few minutes when I buzzed for something. I was impressed!! And, I told them so!!



Just before I was released yesterday two little "pink" ladies from the lobby brought me these flowers. The note attached said "Get Well Soon--The Summerhays, Ericksons and Gooks--from the mission office. And I thought I was here all alone--when we are members of the church we are never alone, I guess!! Thanks for the flowers!!!
Along with the arrangement is a little potted plant that the Relief Society sisters gave me when they came to visit on Monday. I thought that I was all alone, but these great people have taken us in and are taking care of us. Thanks to our new Erie friends!!














4 comments:

kellibattraw said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and that other people are taking care of you while you're away. : )

Jo Dee said...

I hope you know we have all been praying for your good health. We want you back to good health and helping those in Erie!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I'm so glad there were people loving & wathching out for you there :) Love you!!1

Queenacres said...

I am SO glad you are better! What a great hospital! Please take care of yourself!

Susan