Thursday, May 14, 2009

Zone conference

I will just write something tonight!! Our weeks are such a whirlwind we are exhausted by Friday--our P-Day is Friday this week. Today, Thursday, we had a tri zone conference in Butler which is just under 2 hours from Erie. We had wonderful talks, wonderful testimonies by the four elders and one couple who are going home. Pres Summerhays gave us another peptalk, and I love the way he always gets the missionaries committed to do better!!! He is wonderful, as is Sis Summerhays!! The missionaries love them and I know that is why they are working so hard to please them. I knew most of the scriptures that we we were challenged on, but I don't raise my hand cause the missionaries need to be the ones for that. I don't have nearly all the scriptures learned, but I am moving forward.
Yesterday we went to Kirtland. So far we have taken 10 people and one said yesterday that she is grateful we are here as her trip to Kirtland has given her a stronger testimony of Joseph Smith. Hey!!! Maybe it is meaningful to be here!! It was a nice day and we had yet another person giving us the tour, so we learned a few more things I added a couple more pictures last night of Kirtland. I hope you are looking at them, Nancie, so you can power point them for us!!
Thanks for updating your blogs, we love looking at them at the end of the day

2 comments:

Nancie said...

Sounds like you guys are always moving forward. Keep all your photos together and we can work on that powerpoint.

Jo Dee said...

We love reading about what you do too Mom!