
The Friday before her birth, I went to the doctor's so that he could get labor started so that I could have the baby because Dad was going to Army Reserves Camp in California for two weeks. Well, we messed around with that pill under the tongue thing and it did not work. Then we went walking, then riding on bumpy roads, etc. Nothing could bring on labor. So, Saturday morning Dad leaves for Camp and here I am due any minute with Nancie. On Sunday I went to church, taking Jo Dee with me and of course everyone asks what I am still doing around. Connie Patterson asked Jo and I to dinner ( Michelle and Wendi were in California at Barry and JoAnnes ) and she said she had prepared beets and that was supposed to bring a baby . So I ate there and then went home and got Jo ready for bed. About three in the morning I just woke up and started feeling "funny", so I called Gramma and Grampa Lindblom and told them that I thought it was time for the baby to come. They asked how far apart the pains were, and I did not have any pains yet, I just felt "funny". So they got to the house about 3:30 and then they had to decide who would stay with Jo and who would take me to the hospital. Gramma won!! We got into the car, went to Mesa General Hospital, and they checked me and said I could stay. It was a good thing, because I wasn't in there very long when I started having labor pains--lower back pains, which I had never had before--and I thought I must be dying for sure, as this was all new. Nancie was born at 6:02 Monday morning. A darling, chubby 9 pound 2 ounce baby girl. She was my little lamb chop. It was love at first sight!! Dad got to come home for a couple of days and I think he won the baby weight prize, too. Nancie, Michelle's ode to you tells it all. You are really amazing and Dad and I are so darned proud of all of your accomplishments!!

1 comment:
Thanks Mom-- love and miss you!
Post a Comment