Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

Here is Santa Dad, with all the stockings along the coutch, waiting for the missionaries to arrive. We thought the sisters would be the last to come, but they were the first and a great surprise.This, of course, is our little tree with the presents beside it. The one present I was most interested in was the one from LLBean because I had no idea who sent it. Come to find out that that wonderful Marleenee had sent Elder Dad and I some warm, cozy slippers!! Oops, I deleted it, but here are the elders getting food from the table!! Sister Thompson (from California) on the far left, then Elder Goutcher, Zone leader Langford and G's comp Elder DeYoung
This is one of the Walkers--those who walk in their area--Elder Ammon Evans
Here is Elder Dad, doing his thing--cooking cheeze eggs, bacon and sausage and stirring a big pot of hot chocolate
This is Santa Goutcher with his stocking Elder Evans in the foreground

Looks a little lonely--Elder Johnson (he'll be transferred, after 10-1/2 months here) next week
Elder Langford and Elder Rich
There was a box labled from the tooth fairy. It was from DeYoung to Goutcher. The hat, the uke, a "dinosaur egg" stone, his camera, all things De young had wrapped for Goutcher to unwrap. It was quite funny
This is Sis Wolfgramm in front and Sis Thompson holding up the tie the Zonies gave to each of us. I thought that was cute!!
Sister Thompson finds her orange!!
Here is Elder rich with his hulla girl. She has a face on both sides thus two faced and a cone for legs, over which is the green grass skirt. (apparently they send this around to the elders, from one apartment to another and it is Rich's turn)

Hope you can see "hula girl"
Goutcher also has on a biking hat that was also previously owned by Goutcher

On the screen is "Its a wonderful life, with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed
Elder Goutcher with his uke and the velly pletty Hawaiian miss
Sister Thompson taking pictures

Elder Dad, when they had all gone home, just resting in front of the telly. It was a fun morning, but tiring and you all know Dad!!











































3 comments:

Nancie said...

looks like you play santa wherever you go. I am sure those missionaries appreciated all your efforts in making Christmas special. I always do!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

looks like it was fun :) You guys are great!!!!

Jo Dee said...

What a fun christmas for you. I knew you would make it special or the elders.