Sunday, November 30, 2008

On the missionary road again

I took this of Abbie's Christmas tree. Isn't that a cute head on the tree?? I took this picture of us as I got out of the car, but you can see, with his extra height, and my inexperience in taking self pictures ( I am not as good as Julia, who does this all of the time) I missed part of me!! It was so good to see him and I did not realize just how much he looks like Jerry!!



This is Dick "Who?" that we met at the freeway cutoff in Brookville. I hadn't seen him for about 6 years so it was good to sit down and talk for about an hour, while we ate home fried potatoes and an omelet with mushrooms, onions, cheese!! He has had so much trouble with his arthritis, and he was the unfortunate one in the family to get that nasty thing!!



This is the last "Phil, the Groundhog" waving goodbye as we make our way to Brookville on Saturday morning





When we got to Franklin, we asked the Elders if there was another way back to Erie except going to Corry, and he said just follow the signs when we took the first right from their apartment, so we did!! It leaded us toward Jamestown, but did not take us directly there, there was a cut off stating that was the way to Erie. So we went and we saw this body of water, knowing it couldn't be Lake Erie, yet. It was just beautiful!!






Look at the Lake out there!! It is not Lake Erie but I think Conneaut Lake







See the marker stating that we are 34 miles from our little "home away from home"








Here are the lady missionarys pulling into their parking spot at their apartment









Here is Elder Dad unloading the box springs for Sister Wolfgramm










This is Sister Thompson looking at the mattress











Here is one happy Sister Wolfgram to have a box springs that does not have things sticking out of it.









































2 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Its great to see pictures of Uncle Dick. I am still so bummed we didnt get to see him lst July. The pictures of the lake are really pretty.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I love your little tree topper mom!! & don't worry... with experience, you too can be good at self picture taking ;) I got out some pics of you & dad to show Sam the other day. I'm starting early so he'll know you guys when we see you again! We love you :)