Monday, November 3, 2008

Okey, so the elder on the left is Elder Johnson from Utah and Elder Riley (district leader) from Denver, Colorado. Elder Johnson has been here 9 months and I think that he is going to be transferred this next transfer, which will be in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to get a pic of this cutie patootie Elder. What an amazing guy!!
This is elder Evans. He is from Utah, too and is another just wonderful elder. He is Johnsons companion and just got here the last transfer, so I am hoping he will stay for a while.

This is Elder Freeman. He will probably be rotated, too!! Who knows, though. He has been in the Erie area for some time, and seems to be doing a really good job. He is just a big cuddly teddy bear kind of guy and we have grown to love him, as all the elders. We met with them this morning for our district meeting and I thought this might be our last time together, so got these shots for history. I hate transfers----oh well, enough said!!!!
We had our first YSA Family home evening tonight. Three sets of missionaries were here and there were two YSA. They filled our living room. They all said they would bring someone new next week and we are pumped!!!! It was a great evening and they loved all the texas sheet cake pieces, plus Elder dad bought some banana bread slices, too. The spirit was very strong and a feeling of great love between these young people. Yes, it is worth the effort!!! Yah for FHE group and hopes for the future. Will keep you posted!!!
We have a busy week of appointments, so will be looking forward to visiting with some really nice people.


2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

yay! It's so exciting when things go well :) I'm so glad you guys are getting things done & so happy doing it! & I'm a little jeleous that I'm not getting the texas sheet cake :( Thanx for the tour of the apartment. Do you guys have enough things to keep you nice & warm?

kellibattraw said...

Sounds like fun... they sure are lucky to have you guys!